Mumbai a Symbol of Energy and Optimism, says Obama
United States President arrives at Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport, Mumbai on Saturday, November 6, 2010.
Signing of visitor’s book at Taj Mahal Palace (above) in the afternoon.
Statement at Taj Mahal Hotel Palace, meeting with 26/11
- Welcome, Obama! US President starts India tour
- Obama lands in Mumbai today, looking for jobs survivors.
- Visit to Mahatma Gandhi museum Mani Bhavan.
- Meeting with Indian and American entrepreneurs and CEOs at Trident, Nariman Point, in the evening.
- Address to US-India Business Council Summit at Trident.
Sunday, November 7
- Celebrate Diwali with students of Holy Name School, Colaba, in the morning
- Visit Agricultural Exposition and Open Government and Technology Exposition at St Xavier’s College, Dhobi Talao
- Town hall-style meeting with students at St Xavier’s College
- Departure at Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport; arrival in Delhi by evening
- Visit to Mughal emperor Humayun’s tomb (above)
- Meeting with delegates at Roosevelt House, the US embassy in New Delhi
- Private dinner with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and his wife
Monday, November 8
- Ceremonial reception at Rashtrapati Bhavan
- Visit to Mahatma Gandhi memorial Raj Ghat
- Delegation-level talks and meeting with Indian CEOs at Hyderabad House
- Address joint press conference with Manmohan Singh
- Receive Vice-President Hamid Ansari, Congress President Sonia Gandhi and leader of the Opposition Sushma Swaraj at ITC Maurya suite (above)
- Meet Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and address Parliament
- Attend state dinner on Rashtrapati Bhavan lawns
Tuesday, November 9