In present days when no one has time to do exercises, the only remedy is to have the nutritious food. Our body needs variety of foods which are rich in vitamins, proteins, calcium, minerals, fiber etc. Everything that we eat may have some nutritious quality. Some may help in brain functioning, eye functioning, heart functioning or increasing muscular power. So today we will talk about some heart friendly foods.
1. Apple: It is always said that ‘An apple a day keeps the doctor away.’ Apple is rich of fiber, Iron, Potassium, Calcium as well as Vitamins (A, B, C). A large apple supplies almost 35% of minimum amount of fiber that should be consumed in a day. Apple helps in reducing the cholesterol level that in turn helps in reducing the heart problems. It is equally good to have apple juice. But one thing that is more important is that after consuming apple or apple juice one should brush the teeth or rinse mouth, because apple contains acid in its juice. But Apple is very beneficial for our good health. It is said that by eating 2 apples a day we can reduce our cholesterol level up to 10%.
2. Fish: Fish is very useful for heart problems, cancer and mental decline. A dark- fleshed fish contains Omega-3 fatty acids.Omega-3 fatty acids are good for our health because they do not convert to fat but the acids present in red meat are converted to fat. These acids reduce blood clotting, reduce the fats and in turn reduce fatness. This helps in controlling cholesterol. Omega-3 improves our immune system and also helps in increasing the good cholesterol, mean to say HDL levels.
3. Wheat: All whole grains like jawar, Bajra, Oats, barely, wheat etc. is rich of fiber. Fiber is also present in some fruits but whole grains also contain a lot of fiber. Fiber helps in eliminating the cholesterol from our body. If we control the cholesterol level it means we are succeeding in getting rid of heart problems. So we should try to have wheat in our daily meal, in form of chapattis or Dalia.
4. Garlic: Garlic is bitter when tasted but it is used for medicinal purposes for a long time. Garlic contains ‘allicin’ which have properties of anti-oxidant, anti-bacterial, anti-viral as well as anti-fungal. Garlic has high medicinal properties. It helps in reducing the cholesterol level; regulate blood sugar by increasing release of insulin and controls blood pressure. But one thing that is important to mention here is that dried or powdered garlic or garlic tablets are more suitable to take advantage of garlic. It is proved that consumption of 600mg-800mg reduces the LDL (bad cholesterol).
5. Olive Oil: Today Olive Oil is the first choice of doctors. Olive Oil is the greatest exponent of monounsaturated fats. Olive Oil is made from Olive Fruit. Olive Oil is natural juice which can be consumed as it is because is freshly pressed from the fruit. Olive oil protect us from heart diseases by increasing HDL (good fats) and reducing LDL (bad cholesterol).It is also rich in antioxidants that improves the functioning of our Artery.
6. Dairy Products: Dairy products have great nutrition value. Some of which even we mayn’t expect. You will be surprised to hear that Dairy products like milk, butter, curd etc also help in reducing the weight. The people who consume dairy products on regular basis tend to weigh less and have less body fat than those who avoid dairy products. This is only due to a hormone called calcitriol. Dairy products are beneficial in reducing the heart problems also. This is scientifically proved that consumers of dairy products don’t suffer from low blood pressure and hypertension. . This occurs only when the calcium is gained from the diet rather from a supplement. Other than Calcium, magnesium and potassium are also found in the Dairy products which help in healing the heart problems.
7. Green Vegetables: Green leafy vegetables are rich of iron (B. Complex) and niacin. These vegetables prevent blood clotting. Thus in turn prevent heart diseases. The main thing is that these greens should be washed properly with great care.
Thus by improving our eating habits we can control our cholesterol level. This is the only way to tackle the heart problems. Always try to have variety in your food. Every food group will give you different nutrition. Try to have low salted and low fat food. Do exercises daily. This will help you in keeping your heart young forever.Share