Steyn bowls SA to victory SA win Nagpur Test: Finally South Africa won the Nagpur test. It was quite expected as the Indian players were failed to do anything. They already lost the first inning and after that the beginning of second series was also not so well. So it is not shocking if South Africa won the match. The bowlers of the South African team played so well especially Steyn. His performance in the entire game was fabulous and not only this, he also broke many records during this test series. It was he, who became a strong pillar for his team and did not allow Indian players to stay on the ground for long time. It was he who took many wickets one after other and thus made victory for his team. Undoubtedly, he was the only reason of the success of the team. And his superb bowling in the game was made sure that they will won the match and exactly this is happened.
Dhoni’s first defeat as captain: It was the first defeat of M S Dhoni as captain which definitely affected him and also his team. According to Kapil Dev, if he was not satisfied with the team then he must explain this in front of committee so that they will make changes. He also added that if he favors a person or player who is non-deserving in the team then he is wrong at that condition. Kapil said for the defeat of this series, the only responsible person is captain of the team as he did not take any initiative while choosing the team. He said he should have to come forward and gave his opinion about the selection of his squad. After all he is the captain of the team and he knows better who perform well according to situation. Kapil seems to be angry with Dhoni and his boys because of their bad performance. It was like Indian team was either over confident because of its past performances or was disappointed because of the injured players of the team like Rahul Dravid, Yuvraj Singh etc.
Sachin’s century did not work: Although Sachin Tendulkar made century in the last day of the match, but it did not help the team to won the match. On the very next ball of its century, he was caught and went to pavilion. There after, one by one all players fell down. Only Harbhajan Singh was remained on the pitch and handled the match to some extent but after his fall, no one was there to stay on the ground and the entire team lost. The major disappointment was because India lost the last day match with only 6 runs.
Fourth Day Highlights: The main highlights of the forth day test are:
1. Sachin Tendulkar registered his 100th fifty when he scored exact 100 in this game. It was his 46hth hundred.
2. With this 100 in this game, he scored his 20th hundred at home.
3. DW Steyn’s 10 for 108 in this test represent the 39th occasion of a bowler capturing ten or more wickets in a test against India.
4. DW Steyn’s 10 for 108 in this test represent the 10th occasion of a bowler capturing ten or more wickets in a test against India on Indian soil.
5. DW Steyn’s 10 for 108 in this test represent the first occasion of a South African bowler capturing ten or more wickets in a test against India on Indian soil.
6. A Mishra bagged a pair in this test providing the 48th occasion of an Indian batsman collecting a pair in a test match.
7. At the end of this test, DL Steyn and M Ntini share the South African record for most ten wicket hauls. M Ntini’s four ten wicket hauls are – 10 for 220 vs England at Lord’s in Jul 2003, 13 for 132 vs West Indies at Port of Spain in Apr 2005, 10 for 178 vs Australia at Johannesburg in Mar 2006 and 10 for 145 vs New Zealand at Centurion in Apr 2006.Share